Whitesburg Animal Hospital is certified Cat Friendly by the American Association of Feline Practitioners. This means specially trained staff, dedicated feline exam rooms, and hospitalization wards, as well as a feline-only waiting area to make your cat feel comfortable.
What is the AAFP?
The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) supports its members in improving the health and welfare of cats through high standards of practice and patient care, continuing education, and evidence-based medicine.
How Our Hospital Meets AAFP Standards
We offer separate facilities for cats and dogs and a variety of treatment and patient care protocols for the comfort and safety of our feline patients. Our animal hospital features:
- Separate waiting areas for cats and dogs
- Feline-only hospitalization wards, featuring a sunroom for medical boarding patients, special bedding and blankets for each guest, TVs, heated beds, separate sleeping and elimination areas, calming music, privacy curtains and hideaways, and enrichment activities
- Separate feline and canine ICU units for critical cases
- Pheromones throughout the feline area to help cats feel more relaxed
- Staff specially trained to meet the needs of feline patients